CORONAVIRUS SAFETY MEASURES
Beauty is a very contact-led service, so it’s natural that both clients and therapists alike are worried about maintaining good hygiene levels in this environment. With so much uncertainty surrounding the spread of coronavirus, we have outlined safeguards to put in place in your salon to keep yourself, staff and clients, safe.
The following guidelines must be adhered to in salon to ensure the safety of all members:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitising gel if you do not have access to soap and water.
- Ensure hand sanitiser is made of a minimum of 70% alcohol to disinfect adequately.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or into the sleeve of your elbow when you sneeze or cough.
- Dispose of used tissues into the toilet or a sealable bin and wash your hands as soon as possible.
- Try to avoid contact with people who are unwell.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are thoroughly cleaned and sterilised where necessary before and after each use.
- Wear a mask during treatments.
- Wear gloves where suitable.
- Familiarise yourself with the company’s Health & Safety Policy
- Do not service any clients who have recently travelled to a high risk area.
- Do not service any clients who are showing flu-like symptoms.
We also recommend cleaning your frequently touched surfaces – such as toilets, computer keyboards, chairs, door handles and telephones – with soap and water, and then disinfecting with a disinfectant containing at least 70% alcohol between clients.
Should any of your team members show any symptoms or you suspect you have been in contact with anyone showing symptoms, report to your manager immediately.
IN OUR TRAINING SESSIONS:
- All students are to wash and sanitize their hands when arriving.
- All students are to wear gloves and face masks for the duration of the day.
- Gloves and masks to be worn by all models as well.
- Standard sterilization of tools and equipment before and after every treatment.
AT LOVELLA HQ:
- All staff working with products and orders will undergo strict sanitation measures.
- All orders are cling wrapped (as usual) and we recommend only receiving your order with gloves on, removing and disposing of clingwrap and gloves.
- No unnecessary 3rd parties (courier, maintenance personnel etc) will be allowed to enter our premises.
- All staff members will receive the necessary sanitation and sterilization products required.
- All Lovella Academies across SA will receive a supply of the necessary sanitation and sterilization products if needed.
- Cash and credit cards will only be dealt with when wearing gloves.